Baby and Pre-school lessons are lessons that a parent goes in to the water with the child for 30 minutes.
Lessons contain both fun and structure to help the child learn water confidence, skills and safety.
The parent attending with the child does not need to be able to swim, all lessons will be where the adult can touch the floor comfortably.
All instrcutors possess a first aid qualification for both babies and adults so you have peace of mind that both you and your baby are in the safest hands.
In these lessons babies will learn floating, kicking and breathing techniques alongside submersion. Swimming with your baby is one of the best ways to create and strengthen your bond.
Babies that attend these lessons are much more likely to progress at a quicker rate once they reach mainstream lessons where they will have a lesson without a parent. They are able to move straight on to swimming technique because they have already covered the fundamentals of water confidence. You will be able to notice progress in your baby's ability sooner than you would think.
Water temperature for baby and pre-school classes: 32 degrees C.
Send us an email to book a class. Lessons run on Sundays at 9am, 9:30am, 10:30am and 11am. Each lesson is 30 minutes.
1. How many parents can accompany baby in to lesson? One parent.
2. Are spectators allowed? Yes.
3. Are classes transferable and refundable if not able to attend? No, in this case the class is forfeited.
4. Are there lockers in changing rooms? No, try not to bring valuables along, but car keys etc can be stored poolside where you can see them.
5. What time should I arrive for my lesson? Arrive only 10 minutes before the lesson starts.
6. Do I need to arrive pool ready? Yes arrive with bathers under clothes, change baby in changing rooms.
7. Is there space for car seat/pushchair for my baby/child? Yes there is.
8. Can I use showers and hair dryers after the lesson? Yes.
9. Is parking close to the building? Yes very close.
10. Do I need to bring any equipment/floats? No all equipment is supplied.
11. What does my baby need to wear? Everyone under the age of 3 will need to wear a swim nappy and suitable bathers, no need for wetsuit.